Sunday, May 8, 2011

Day 2

 

DSC_0022

And we still have great travelers!

DSC_0030

Mind you, after a long time in the car and one total melt down, this little girl needed to stop and have a little break! A driving break…

DSC_0031

… to drive! She has really been a total angel. She is riding with Mom and Dad and Nella while her big sisters drive with Gramma and Grampa.

DSC_0029   DSC_0039

Also I found a new fav. drink! AND we are seeing palm trees now! HOT weather has hit. Let the excitement begin!

Some random thoughts from today:

1) I have seen a million (well almost) cracker barrel stores along the way and I am thinking we must stop at one. Anyone been?

2) Target is also a must for me as well as Chick-fil-A. Any other suggestions?

3) One of the highlights from our day would have to be a van that passed with paint on the back window saying “Honk if you Love your Momma!”. We honked! We honked!

4) Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother’s Day!

5) Didn’t think it was proper to end my random thoughts at #4.

6) Night all! We have another long day ahead of us tomorrow…

2 comments:

Taylor said...

Glad to hear it's going good.

You can get some really good cherry syrup to put in your coke in Target and WalMart.

Cracker Barrell was just Meh for Mike and I. Actually Mike didn't like it at all but I really liked the old country store part. That's where I thought of the sock monkey theme because they had a bunch of sock monkey toys. If you want to relive your childhood check out all their toys, but they are pricey.

Applebee's and TGIF's were our favorite places to eat. Also, you will chuckle when you notice how many drug stores they have, it's similar to how many Timmies we have up here, there's a CVS and Walgreens on almost every corner LOL!

Unknown said...

I remember doing like 3 day roadtrips to Disney when we were growing up in Canada! And now that we live only like 8 hours away, we never go! :-)

And definitely stop at Chickfila!